Translate

Wednesday 9 April 2014

How YOU Can Feel Confident All the Time


How YOU Can Feel Confident All the Time!


Self-confidence is essential..

The power of the mind is truly remarkable

How you feel in any given moment is linked to:

 What you are focusing on
 The way you are moving and using your body
 The language you are using

No doubt, your mind controls all three.

The moment you feel lethargic or need an instant confidence/energy boost just change the way you feel by changing the above 3 points.

1. What you are focusing on;

Stay conscious of what you are focusing on in that particular moment.

Are they negative and lethargic thoughts?  Are they indicating that you would fail? Are you telling yourself that you feel low in energy?

Yes?

What would you have to focus on to feel vibrant and full of energy? What should you focus on to feel confident?

On the other hand, if you are feeling vibrant and energized right now, what are you thinking about?

2. The way you are moving and using your body

This is also called your physiology.

Emotion is created by motion, and the fewer movements you make the less energy you will have!

Moreover, the type of movements you make either pump you up or make you languid and want to doze off.

Observe your body when you are feeling low in confidence.

Are you sitting down? Is your head up or down? Are your shoulders slouched? Are you walking slowly or quickly? Are your facial muscles moving? What are you doing with your hands?

Write down below all the characteristics of a confident person. Imagine there is a confident person before you now. How would they be moving their body?

It’s your turn to feel energized and confident. Ready?

Okay!

Enact the movements that you just wrote down whenever you are feeling low and, WHOA! You’ll become confident!

3. The language you are using

The words you say to yourself both in your mind and out aloud will have an impact on how you are feeling.

What words do you use to describe negative emotions?

Do you say? :

“I’m feeling tired”
“I’m stupid”
“I’m angry”
“I’m livid”
“I’m overwhelmed”
“I’m depressed”

Write down some more common phrases like those above that you use:





The intensity of those negative sayings will have an effect on how you feel and whether you feel confident or not.

What if instead of – “I’m really nervous”, you said to yourself – “I’m really excited”?

Would it make you feel better?

Of course it would.

Did you know that the feelings and emotions linked to nervousness and excitement are actually the same. It’s just that you are giving the adrenaline right direction.

So, what other words could you replace the negative sayings with?

Try swapping:

“I’m feeling tired” to “I’m feeling unresourceful”
“I’m stupid” to “I’m learning”
“I’m angry” to “I’m a little annoyed”
“I’m livid” to “I’m a little miffed”
“I’m overwhelmed” to “I’m busy”
“I’m feeling insecure” to “I’m questioning”
“I’m depressed” to “I’m not on top of things”

As the intensity of the words lower, the intensity of the feelings lessen too.

Let’s move on with some simple exercises.

Write down 5 old negative sayings or phrases that you say on a consistent basis and replace them with new empowering and less intensified ones:

OLD NEGATIVE PHRASES

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

NEW EMPOWERING/LOW INTENSITY PHRASES

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.


Just as you lower the intensity of words to lessen negative feelings, you can apply the reverse to feel magnificent and confident every single day!

Change your vocabulary to improve the quality of your day.

How?

Increase the intensity; increase the feeling when you use positive/good words.

Want an example? Here you go…

Instead of saying “I feel good,” say “I feel fantastic!”

What you say is what you get, your words have life and power.
It’s as simple as that.

Here are some more:

Change:

“I feel ok” to “I feel awesome”
“I feel motivated” to “I am driven”
“I feel confident” to “I feel unstoppable”
“I feel energized” to “I feel juiced”

Change the “good” words of the present to “magnificent” words of the future.

When you implement this, the impact will be AWESOME!
OLD “GOOD” PHRASES

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

NEW “MAGNIFICENT” PHRASES

1.

2.

3.

4.



Enjoy your new level of confidence! See you back here next month for another Life  Coaching  blog post.

Patricia Benjamin
Life Coach
Love & Relationship Coach
Radio Talk Show Host
iTunes: Real Love Show
Twitter: @Ask_ Patricia
Facebook: Ask Patricia


No comments:

Post a Comment