Translate

Saturday 7 February 2015

The Real Reason I Do Radio

Hi guys
Hope you're all well.

Isn't it wonderful when we get unexpected validation and endorsement on what we do?
So many of us are still seeking our true path and purpose and, whilst I'm clear on what I do, it's heartwarming to get sincere feedback that confirms you are on your path.

I wanted to share this with my #realloveshow listeners and my blog readers as this week I had a very powerful reminder as to why I host the Real Love Show and my Ask Patricia Show.

I just did a show on grief and in particular the pain of losing someone very close such as a mother or father. Several of you contacted me personally and shared your experience and a young woman called Jemma actually talked with me on the show.

Jemma lost her mother when she was just 17 and now 27 years later she still cries.  Significantly, although Jemma has several siblings they have never spoken  to each other about the day mum died.  Not once. They have all carried  their sadness in their own way and never opened up to each other.

Well, after the show repeat aired, that has now changed. For the first time they are all sharing their experience and memories of mum's passing and life since then. The struggles, the difficulties,  the pain and the challenges.


Jemma tells me that a real family healing has begun and family counselling had been agreed upon.

There is so much more detail but suffice to say Jemma tells me this has all been a result of the Real Love Show.

This is, for me, a 'moment'.

I am encouraged that our show is doing what it is meant to.

The main scripture that emboldens  me to look into uncomfortable topics is this:-
(Paraphrased)
Isaiah 61.1 The Lord has chosen and sent me to tell the oppressed the good news, to heal the broken hearted, announce freedom to the captives,.......
2. .....comfort those that mourn, give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and a garment of praise instead of heaviness.

When it comes to relationships I want to bring healing and restoration. Healing is not always physical. Healing can be emotional and mental. God wants us whole, body, soul and spirit.  We are triune beings and our approach to healing should look at all our parts.

It's very easy to be all spiritual and make prayer your main focus. But the mind, will and emotions must never be overlooked.
Unexpressed feelings or emotions can go on to affect relationships whether current or in the future. So its  very important to address as soon as possible.

If you have had to face the loss of someone very close and have never opened up do seriously consider bereavement counselling. Especially if you have deep feelings of anger, resentment, abandonment, or constant depression etc
.
A regular to the Real Love Show is counsellor and psychotherapist Janet McNish who you can get in touch with at JanetMcnish.com.

Thanks for supporting the shows each week. Those of you that can't hear the live shows regularly download them which is great. It's encouraging to feel that the shows are making a real difference and contribution to many lives.

Find latest episodes and archives at iTunes and Tunein Radio - just search Real Love Show at either.

Lots of love to you all,


Patricia Benjamin 
@Ask_Patricia 
@AskPatricia2000

No comments:

Post a Comment